Monday, September 6, 2010

Book sales are up!

I'm happy to say I have sold 6 more "This is a Good Day to Live" books! The ladies in my quilt class found out I am an author, and also about the Amber Carter Memorial Scholarship Fund. Proceeds from all sales go into the fund. Between those sales and the "toss a quarter for Amber Carter Scholarship" fountain at Fin's down at the mouth of the Grover Beach atv entrance, we have $300 in the fund as seed money for next years recepients. Thanks to the PG&E charitable matching funds program, we will be able to have enough for next years graduating seniors.
It is an honor to be able to give hope to those who want to attend college and need money to do that. I know Amber is proud to be the main reason for the scholarship awards. She believed education was so important, and attended college even through her treatments for cancer. I love you, honey! Your ideals live on!

No comments:

Post a Comment